In this role you will be building the public’s resilience to online manipulation by developing serious games. Tilt’s serious games are a fresh, immersive way to teach people everything they need to know about common disinformation tactics and techniques. Seriously fun and effortlessly effective.
You develop and implement effective research designs for Tilt’s educational games improving public resilience to disinformation. Topics include public health policy (e.g. Covid-19 vaccination program), democratic processes (e.g. elections) and hybrid warfare (e.g. Ukraine war). And, you contribute to thought leadership articles of Tilt on disinformation.
Serious Game content development
As game content developer, you are a specialist on utilising procedural rhetoric to illustrate concepts in ways that are otherwise inaccessible to learners. Our serious games feature interactivity and choice and these elements are not only fun and engaging but also solidify understanding of new concepts. Additionally, you will be involved in all other aspects of game development, from concept development to project management, testing and client contact.
You will be part of our small and growing vibrant organisation with all kinds of people eager to contribute to society. As content developer you will work closely together with fellow developers, clients, and academic partners.
What you bring
- knowledge of developments in the field of disinformation and disinformation analysis frameworks.
- understanding of the unique capabilities of serious games when compared with other forms of media/learning
- creative and flexible mindset
- tech Savvy
- relevant Master degree (in political science, social science etc)
- proficient in statistical analysis
- With our clients from all over the world and online manipulation impacting people from all walks of life, it would be an asset to our team if you bring a different perspective, cultural background and life experience.
These requirements give a direction to the profile we are looking for for this position. Research shows that generally male candidates apply at a 60% match and women at a 100% match. Do you not meet all the requirements but do you think this is the position for you? Then we would like to invite you to apply.
What we offer
- Inclusive culture
- Salary to match the job, your skills, knowledge and experience
- 32-40 Hours per week
- Work locations in The Hague and Utrecht and the possibility to work from home
- Training & education budget
- 26 holiday days (when working full time)
- NS Business card for work related travel
Do you think you are a good fit for this position or do you have any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call: 06-10711141 (Gwenda Nielen).
About the company
At Tilt we’re a team of storytellers, thinkers, explorers and makers. Together we work on innovative ways that help our clients recognise and deal with online manipulation. All based on science, and verified to be effective. We’ve worked for a variety of clients, from startups to governments. Together, we achieve extraordinary results with innovative methods, tools and services. Built to inspire and engage. Guaranteed to change your perspective.